SVR Global LLC offers the highest quality valves. To ensure that you get the finest, we have qualified engineers and a technical team. To keep our consumers happy, we believe in constant product improvement. We also supply high-quality, industrial-grade Valves that are manufactured to exact specifications, ensuring quality and dependability. They’re completely leak-proof and have a lengthy lifespan, making them perfect for applications requiring only routine maintenance.
What is a Plug Valve?
A quarter-turn valve, also known as a plug valve, is useful when rapid and frequent action is required. To control the flow of fluid in the valve, plug valves include cylindrical or conical shaped plugs that rotate inside the valve body. Even when the valve is open, it features one or more sideways passageways that allow fluid to flow through the stopper. Plug valves are quarter-turn manual motion valves that are used to start and halt flow. Plug Valves can be used for throttling and on-and-off service. The plug has a rotating mechanism that shields both seals from the flow passage by rotating between open and closed positions. Top entry valves are plug valves. Plug valves are commonly employed in industries where valves are needed to stop and start fluid flow in a circular motion. To control flow, a cylinder or cone-shaped plug valve can be moved inside the valve body. One or more horizontally positioned hollow channels are common in plug valves to allow smooth passage through the valve while it is open. The most common type is a two-port plug valve, which can be used in both open and closed configurations.
Types of plug valve
- Lubricated plug valve
- Non-lubricated plug valve
- Eccentric plug valve
- Expanding plug valve
- Jacketed Plug valve
- Twin Seal Plug valve
- Lift Plug valve
- Orbit Plug valve
What are the advantages of a Plug Valve?
- They are simple to open and close.
- Make sure there aren’t any leaks.
- There is little resistance to flow.
- It has a low pressure drop and a tight shut-off.
- It’s commonly used when there’s a lot of activity. On-the-spot maintenance and repair should be possible.
- Make sure there are no holes in the stream and that it is not impeded.
What are the disadvantages of a Plug Valve?
- Actuators are necessary for larger valves since they require greater force to function.
- These plug valves are more expensive than similar-looking ball valves.
- The pressure drop is exacerbated by the narrowing of the port.
Industries which use Plug Valve?
- Oil & gas
- Food and beverage
- Technical gases
- LNG & LPG
What are the applications of a Plug Valve?
- They’re employed in low-pressure, low-temperature applications.
- It can withstand harsh temperatures.
- It can be used to control the flow of liquids such as slurries.
- Have a large capacity and can be utilised to control directional flow.
Why Choose Us?
To supply our clients with high-quality and cost-effective products, we have qualified specialists and experienced engineers. We can better grasp our clients’ technological needs because we have an engineering-based team. To be competitive in the market, we believe in continual product improvement and innovation. Our goal is to provide our customers with defect-free valves. Our valves are custom-made to fulfil the needs of a variety of industries.
Body material: Cast Carbon steel plug valve (WCC,WCB, WC6), Stainless Steel plug valve [SS316, SS304, SS316L, SS904L, CF8, CF8M, F31L, F91], DUPLEX STEEL and Super duplex Steel plug valve (F51,F53,F55) , Cast iron, Ductile Iron.
Class: 150-2500; PN 10 – PN 450
Size: DN15 to DN1200
Operations: Lever actuated plug valve, electric actuated plug valve, pneumatic actuated plug valve, gear actuated plug valve
Ends: Flanged, butt weld, socket weld, threaded